1) Prize Tournaments - any player with Brain Rook or higher membership level can define a tournament with a price for a winner. Such tournaments are highlighted at the tournament list.
2) Internal Fellowship Tournaments - each Big Boss can define a tournament for his/her fellowship. Only members of the fellowship can sign up for this tournament.
3) Several other minor improvements, you will find them :-)
the server problems have been fixed. Thanks to everybody who helped me with that. Of course, if some of your games timed out during the problematic days, send me the game IDs and I will restore them.
I would like to inform you that we are still working on fixing the mysterious performance bug. Since we are to run several important tests soon, please do not be alarmed if some of BrainKing.com features are temporarily disabled.
One more important thing - the membership of all paying members will be extended by the corresponding number of problematic days.
as you probably already noticed, BrainKing.com is currently facing some speed and performance problems. I have just wanted to let you know that we know about it and we are trying to fix it as soon as possible. Thank you.
based on many requests the Five in Line board is changed to 15 x 15 fields. It applies to new games only, all started games remain with 20 x 20 board.
And something for Checkers players - BrainKing.com presents four new Checkers games: Czech Checkers, Corner Checkers, One Way Checkers and Parachute Checkers. Play on! :-)
although I prefer "realistic" view of game boards, I have decided to accept the request of most backgammon players immediately and made one more change to this game board - both players can see the bearing-off area at the right side. I hope that you will find it comfortable.
Second, based on Horde Chess players' request there is one important change in the rules of this game - a situation with black pawns unable to make legal moves ends as a stalemate (draw). It means that black player still has some pawns on the board but all these pawns are blocked by white pieces without a chance to capture any of them.
I would like to announce these important news:
1) Our server-housing provider wants to make a short power outage on Monday 20th January 2003, 7:00 a.m. GMT. This process should not take more than 30 minutes and BrainKing.com will not be accesible during this time.
2) Tournaments created by users with Brain Rook or better membership level have been launched! If it is applicable to you, you should see a new link Define new tournament at Tournaments page. Feel free to ask me any related questions.
3) Backgammon boards have been fixed and more displaying options (bearing-off area at the same side for both players) will be available soon. Rules have been updated.
since there was a little bug in Nackgammon implementation (the starting position was wrong), all started Nackgammon games were deleted and the bug is already fixed. I deeply apologize. Please start your Nackgammon games again, everything should be correct now.
Backgammon (and its variations) rules have been added. A new chess variation Three Checks Chess has been added too and needs to be tested - play it :-)
More about Backgammon - it seems that not all rules are implemented correctly (e.g. who starts a game according to the first dice roll, etc.), so please be patient, I will fix it as soon as possible. However, if you are tolerant to these little bugs, all games are playable.
BrainKing.com presents four new games - Backgammon, Nackgammon, Anti Backgammon and Backgammon Race. Since most players wanted to add these games as soon as possible, I decided to release them before the rules are written. The rules will be updated within several days.
we have encountered a little bug while turning to the new year and several games were timeouted by accident. If you think that one or more such games are yours, please write me a message with the game ID and I will restore them. We apologize for inconveniences.
BrainKing.com launches fellowships - virtual game clubs on our site. Any user with Brain Rook or higher level can start his/her own fellowship, any user with Brain Knight or higher level can join an existing fellowship. Fell free to test the current basic features and prepare for advanced features that are in development (team tournaments, team matches, etc.).
I would like to announce three important events:
1) Tournaments have been launched several days ago. Do not forget to sign up, they are open for everyone!
2) Christmas Special! Since BrainKing.com reached the 1000th registered user and the number of players is growing and growing, I have decided to give you this Christmas present: Everybody who subscribes any kind of paid membership till the end of this year (31st December 2002) will get one FREE month of the membership as an addition. It applies to the users who already paid as well.
3) Referral Program has been released. See Brains page.
BrainKing.com presents three new games: Popular board game of 18th century Tablut, modern Polish game Tank Battle and old chess variation from India - Maharajah Chess. All rules and related discussion boards are prepared as well. Enjoy! :-)
BrainKing.com stuff would like to apologize for the three-days server inactivity. The problem was caused by a failure of one backup disk. Everything should be working now and no data are corrupted or lost. Three extra days will be added to memberships of all paying members as a compensation.
BrainKing.com is currently in test mode to check functionality of its basic features, so please be tolerant to occasional server-down status and minor errors that may occur. The "real" server start will be announced here too. Thank you for understanding. And we will be very glad if you send us all errors or suggestions to email@example.com :-)